DLS is excited to announce to present and future clients of DLS Internet Services the release of previously announced DLS Hosted PBX 5.1. This release brings a number of new features requested by our clients. You may find complete list of changes in our release notes. As always, much thought was put to increase overall value of our Unified Communications product without increasing a cost to our customers.
Our goal is to have DLS Hosted PBX ring synonymous with “quality”. This is why this release underwent a thorough BETA testing program. However, as with any complex software product and new features added to a proven communications platform, omissions may arise and our operations and development teams will structure this upgrade to ensure continued reliable service. Our network operations team will begin the rollout of the DLS Hosted PBX 5.1 to customers in the coming weeks.
DLS is keen on continuing the tradition of innovation and pioneering. The goal of that innovation is to keep our clients ahead in the area of unified communications technology.
What can a legal practice learn from their office phone? The simple answer is how to streamline workflows, improve client satisfaction and curb costs.
Capitalize on your initial VoIP investment and get the most value possible by using these tools properly. Most professionals focus keenly on their field with little or no thought about the common tools they use every day. Key features are often overlooked and sometimes making the time commitment for training isn’t seen as important as it should be.
For legal professionals in a highly saturated and competitive field, even a small improvement can have a lasting positive effect, helping elevate your firm’s reputation. Your core value-added benefits are:
- Demonstrated legal knowledge to positively affect outcomes
- Reputation and integrity
- Ability to devote special attention to clients
Your office phone can be a powerhouse of technological resources at your disposal if used to its fullest potential. For example, voice communications that your law firm engages in may be a good use of a Call Recording feature. This often included feature allows your law firm to document the verbal consent of any person who’s agreed to participate in a recorded call. This provides easy proof of legal compliance with specific local laws and statutes.
Billing records can also be cross-referenced with call recording data to ensure proof of accuracy and help put clients at ease with the added steps you have taken to demonstrate fair billing practices. In the event of a billing dispute with a client, you have not only the call record, but the recorded conversation as evidence of fair billing practices.
Additionally, hosted VoIP systems can be accessed by staff securely from virtually any location, making information gathering for your cases highly efficient. eFax subscriptions and voice mail audio files delivered to email are also likely included with your VoIP service, helping make timely delivery of information to your personal mobile device a breeze with the added security you need.
Another sound investment is a high quality digital transcription service to further streamline information management for your organization. This provides a powerful combination of services tailored to the specialized needs of legal professional. DLS has partnered with Transcription Hub to offer an NDA-qualified service with a high accuracy rate seamlessly integrates with our secure and reliable VoIP phone system. This can make the process of transcribing critical documentation faster, easier and more cost effective than ever before.
Finally, using specialized call mirroring features that ring calls though multiple sources simultaneously help clients reach you wherever you are. Some systems also allow for special treatment of designated phone numbers, allowing you to prioritize calls in any way that best suites your needs. These simple features ensure your clients feel better connected to you without having to manage multiple call tree options and longer wait times just to reach you.
To curb costs while making your workflow more efficient, look no further than your office phone. Don’t put off scheduling a training refresher course with your provider to help you get all the benefits you’ve been missing.
I have exciting summer news to share! A new version of DLS Hosted PBX 5.1 has entered the final stage of its Beta program. And this means that new release is about 30 days away from being introduced.
Just like the all other releases, this version continues to make your Unified Communications more functional, ergonomic and reliable. Our service evolves over time and we continue to rely on your input to make the DLS Hosted PBX more useful. As much as we would like to release the product when it is “hot off the press”, DLS’s development culture emphasizes reliability and robustness embedded in design of our service. That’s why we will take our time with this “Beta” release and ensure that final product is a unified communications platform you had come to rely on. Just like the other versions of the DLS Hosted PBX – this release will come at no charge to you with a few new features such as:
- Advancements in Call Reporting
- Web based Soft Phone and Chat client
- SALESFORCE ™ Integration
- SIP Peering
If you’re one of our Beta participants, we seek your extensive objective feedback and extend our gratitude for your participation in our development effort. Once again we thank you for your patronage and wish you a great summer.
Dear Valued Client,
The DLS hosted PBX services you have been enjoying will soon bring even more value to your business. We continue to look for ways to improve our products and services based on your feedback.
Today I am pleased to announce the launch of the 5th major release of the DLS Hosted PBX. This release includes a number of significant enhancements to Queues, Faxing, Conferencing, Voicemail, Reporting, Call Routing, Predictive Dialer, and Interface Configuration. This release also includes some new features: LDAP Authentication, Multi-Tenant Support, and provisioning for Cisco 7945 handset and Bria softphone.
As in the past, this release will ensure functional backward compatibility with all of the old handsets and feature sets.
After three months of thorough Beta testing we now begin to roll out this release to you. DLS’ Network Operations team will be contacting each client to coordinate the date of their PBX upgrade.
Some of what’s new in this release:
- Multitenant Features allow clients to host multiple businesses within the same DLS Hosted PBX service. Each instance of the business can have independent user routing and extension numbering schemes, varying feature codes and handset logos.
- LDAP Support introduces integration of PBX users with the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol. This feature simplifies PBX management in corporate environments by relying on LDAP or Microsoft Active Directory for providing contact directory administration while LDAP authentication allows central management of user passwords. Deactivation of an LDAP account automatically deactivates the PBX user.
- Video Conferencing is now available for internal PBX users. This release also brings an improved user experience, more configuration options and performance enhancements. Conferences can be monitored through the flash operator panel.
- Fax service was completely redesigned and now supports reliable T.38 protocol for email2fax and ATA devices. Any PBX extension can now be used as with a conventional analog fax machine through a simple ATA. PBX extensions can now automatically detect fax tones, accept faxes and route them to recipients email thus eliminating the need for having a separate “fax line”. Among other faxing enhancements are:
- Legal and Letter paper size support
- E-mail notification of transmission status
- Outbound caller-id configuration options
- Inbound delivery to multiple e-mail addresses
- Custom HTML headers and footers for fax confirmations
- Improvements in fax reporting
- Predictive Dialer Module was also redesigned with intelligence to adjust calling rate based on failure levels, restrict calls by called time zone, offer more campaign and disposition options.
- In response to our client requests, we have improved the reporting subsystem. Clients can now create and share report templates and schedule automatic report distribution with individualized scheduled delivery. Several new reports have been added including reports that graph over time. Many older reports now have additional information.
As with prior releases, DLS Hosted PBX 5.0 continues the tradition of in-house development. The upgrade will scheduled with you to minimize service impact. You will find a complete list of features and enhancement at http://www.telephonyyourway.com/dls-hosted-pbx-release-notes/.
For your convenience we have published a DLS Hosted PBX 5.0 self-guided training video.
DLS also offers in-person PBX training which can be scheduled by contacting your DLS account manager at 800-323-2099.
As always we appreciate your patronage and are standing by to answer any questions you may have about the DLS Hosted PBX 5.0.
Many professions rely on transcribers. Lawyers use secretaries and paralegals. Doctors and dentists use provessional transcribers to record diagnosis. News editors right the work of reporters on content and typographical errors. Among others are Novelists, Corporate Officers and Courts… Transcription has been seen by some as a “mundane” task that should be automated. There are, however, many aspects of transcriptionists’ jobs, that are anything but mundane, and require human judgment: error correction, formatting, clarifying the unclear, recognizing intonations, communicating with professionals in other fields.
For some time now we have been looking for a partner that could add value to our service by delivering accurate, affordable and reliable transcription of calls and voicemails recorded by the DLS Hosted PBX. With the release of DLS Hosted PBX 4.2 we are pleased to introduce a new integrated call transcription service provided by TranscriptionHub. Whether you need to transcribe a complex conference call with multiple callers, audio or video call or a simple voicemail, TranscriptionHub offers fast, economical and accurate audio transcription service. You may find this service useful when recapping meeting notes, compiling customer service training materials or compiling legal notes.
The service is seamlessly integrated into the DLS Hosted PBX interface making recording submission effortless – call transcription request is sent with a click of a button. Use of live human transcribers produces near 100% accuracy. Get more details on transcription options from TranscriptionHub at http://www.TranscriptionHub.com.