These Release Notes are updated with each release of the DLS Hosted PBX – a hosted VoIP software platform provided by the DLS Internet Services.
DLS Hosted PBX version 5.2 – Released May 3rd, 2017
- Browser softphone can now have its own E911 profile specified at the primary extension
- Add call forward capability to the browser softphone
- Add busy tone to the browser softphone
- Briefly keep terminated calls displayed with the termination reason, if available, in the browser softphone
- Conference bridge recording retention is now customizable
- Add the ability to schedule conferences through email
- Improve SalesForce opportunities integration
- Provisioning support for Cisco 7841, and 8945
- Provisioning support for Grandstream GXP1610, GXP1615, GXP1620, GXP1625, GXP1628, GXP1630, GAC2500, and GXV3275
- Provisioning support for Polycom RealPresence Trio 8800, video not yet supported
- Provisioning support for Obihai OBi202
- Allow changes made by the web interface of a Polycom handset to remain persistent between reboots
- Certain handsets can now provision without using the /configs/ suffix path
- Add web-based Zero Touch Provisioning (ZTP) for certain Polycom and Yealink handsets
- Video and HD audio support for on-net calls
- Add Blynclight USB support to the DLS Click to Dial tool
- Allow scheduling PBX settings snapshots
- Add a PBX phone number quick select menu to the call and fax report forms
- Add a field to restrict queue call reports by phone number
- Consolidate the agent calls report types into the queue calls report
- Allow changing filters after a report has been run without navigating back to the main form
- Allow exporting and scheduling change log and login log reports
- Call Quality, CDR, CEL, and Queue record retention can now be customized for up to 5 years
- Add a new custom report type that allows choosing columns and advanced filter combinations
- Add a reporting API
- Permit remote callers to log in as preemptive queue agents
- Improve interface save speed and configuration generation speed
- Allow using a microphone to create recordings from your browser at Apps->User Recordings and System->Recordings
- Allow users to enable time-based one-time password (TOTP) two factor authentication for enhanced account security
- Add additional sorting capability to various tables across the PBX’s interface
- Add persistent column sorting and filtering settings for status page tables
- Move call recording permission settings to System->Permissions
- Add the ability to bulk apply recording enable state settings at Users->Call Recordings
- Allow configuring multiple voicemail email addresses for a single user
- Several feature codes can now be set to blank to disable them
- Added option in system->basic to allow/disallow email authentication in voicemail links
- Allow customization of the PBX’s header logo.
- Allow customization of the Companion Panel’s logo.
- The PBX domain can now be whitelabeled using a custom SSL certificate
- Added support for whitelabeled fax domain names
- The social links below the navigation menu can now be whitelabeled
- Voicemail email company name and from address can now be whitelabeled
DLS Hosted PBX version 5.1.4 – Released November 24th, 2015
- Re-enable sidecar support for Soundpoint 601 handsets.
- Fix failure to transfer or park an answered queue call in the companion panels.
- Fix a stall in the operator panel server that can occur if no users have voicemail enabled.
DLS Hosted PBX version 5.1.3 – Released November 13th, 2015
- Remove support for custom jitter buffers on legacy Polycom handsets.
- Correct minimum buffer size when using the Polycom adaptive audio jitter buffer.
DLS Hosted PBX version 5.1.2 – Released November 3rd, 2015
- Correct the link for Apps->Panels when using the tree-style menu.
- Fix audio files download for TranscriptionHub.
- Fix end date calculation for DST.
DLS Hosted PBX version 5.1.1 – Released October 23rd, 2015
- Reverting a queue to no agent announcement was not taking effect.
DLS Hosted PBX version 5.1 – Released July 13th, 2015
- Maximum wait time added to queue activity summary report
- Queue reports filter selections include ‘all agents’ and ‘all queues’
- Fax reports can be filtered by user, group, direction, and outcome
- Change log and login log filters
- Conference reports now contain links to associated recordings
- New summary call report by phone number
- New call quality report
- Expanded list of database tables for customer read access
- Display group and extension names in call status
- Replace FOP2 with in-house HTML5 Companion Panel
- Call barging capability
- Granular permissions
- Voicemail indicators
- Integrated softphone
- Call Handling and Routing
- Call quality monitoring with alerts
- Routing triggers based on call quality
- Outbound blind transfer
- Blind transfer feature code customization
- Jitter buffer management on handsets and PBX
- Comment option in the routing tree
- Integrated simple chat client
- Browser based softphone
- Billing management interface
- Handset reboot via web interface
BLF (Busy Lamp Feature)
- BLF support for Do Not Disturb
- BLF monitoring of conferences
- BLF monitoring of queues
- BLF monitoring of parking lots
- Display user BLF on status page
- Speed-dial button appearance on Polycom UC
Salesforce.com CRM integration
- Screen pop on incoming and outgoing calls with notes
- Contact import/export
- Call log synchronization
- Caller name query to CRM on inbound calls
- Insert call recording URLs into Salesforce interface
- Custom import filters
- Import merge management
- Bria 4 provisioning support
- Yealink SIP-T48G provisioning support
SIP Peering module
- Route to or from other SIP devices/networks
- First or last digit stripping inbound or outbound
DLS Hosted PBX version 5.0 – Released June 3rd, 2014
- Pre-emptive agent mode provides immediate connection to an available agent
- Play an optional message on intervals or between music on hold recordings
- Report the caller’s hold time to agent configured per queue
- Queue call volume report
- Queue service level report
- Queue performance detail report
- Agent performance detail report
- Transmission history and archive
- 33 new file type conversions including docx, xlsx, pptx and open office formats
- T.38 support for email to fax and ATA devices
- Fax detection in routing tree or per extension
- Legal and Letter paper size support
- Improved transmission reliability and error reporting
- Success notification emails
- Outbound CallerID configuration
- CC multiple fax numbers for email to fax
- Inbound delivery to multiple email addresses
- Custom HTML header and footer for fax confirmations
- Improved reporting
- Video conferencing for internal users
- Improved user experience and performance
- Additional settings for conference bridges
- Enter a specific conference bridge via routing tree
- Conference monitoring via FOP2
- Conference sessions report
- Mark message as read when accessed via web
- Folder management via web interface
- Auto-archive and auto-delete timers
- Upload and manage greetings via web interface
- Synchronize email subject and file attachment numbering
- Override or skip default caller instructions
- Enter main menu through routing tree
- Adjustable recording times
- Display messages as new or old on status page
- Create and share report templates
- Schedule reports to be delivered automatically
- Adjustable default time span for each report type
- Quick time span selection on reports
- Call type / time zone indicator and caller-name popup on call detail reports
- Enhanced filtering for call reports
- Group call report
- Call volume graph report
- Provisioning support for Bria 3
- Provisioning support for Polycom VVX sidecar
- Provisioning support for Cisco 7945
- Visual voicemail on supported handsets to view message details, move between folders, and play specific message
- Status page to assist in provisioning handsets
- Encryption of handset configuration files
- FOP2 phonebook enabled
- Custom ordering of BLF keys
- Office hours have an optional year field
- Block incoming Caller-ID per extension
- Call Screening per extension
- Blacklist groups for inbound or outbound calling
- Follow-me can ring multiple destinations simultaneously
- Follow-me supports multiple time periods
- Follow-me feature code and XML toggle
- Call Camping per extension and via transfer puts the caller into a private queue until the target extension is available
- Modify BLF contacts without logging in as a specific user
- International time zone support
- Simplified emergency call routing configuration
- Performance improvements when making various changes
- Sync PBX users to corporate LDAP
- Provision PBX users from LDAP
- Use LDAP for contact directory management
- Isolated user routing and extension numbering per tenant
- System settings per tenant
- Feature codes per tenant
- Handset logos per tenant
- Add descriptions to snapshots
- Backup and restore MoH and system recordings
- Exclude CDR and queue call records from snapshots
- Failure levels automatically adjust calling rate
- Restrict calls by called time zone
- Dispositions and campaigns can be set to hang up a callee upon being dispositioned
- Multiple new and improved reports
- Faster agent access to reduce incomplete calls
- Simplified custom field management
- Use AJAX for the agent portal
- Polycom VVX 300, 400, 500, 600: Firmware 4.1.6.
DLS Hosted PBX version 4.2 – Released July 24th, 2013
- Added Advanced Filtering for Call Recordings.
- Link to Call Recording from Queue and Call Reports.
- Call Reports enhancement: full CDR data and CEL details are available.
- Added a condensed summary report for all calls on the call reports page.
- Variety of Call Queue Reports for performance analysis and troubleshooting.
- Added the ability to copy call routing branches.
- Various call routing page usability enhancements.
- Added a clear caller name prepend call routing option.
- Added office hours groups that can be used with call routing.
- Pattern and blocked Caller-ID matching on Selective Call Routing dialplan rules.
- Per extension option to set handset dialing time-out.
- Per extension option to disable daylight savings time.
- Per extension option to enable STUN server support (on supported phones).
- Changed status pages to update in the background.
- Added search functionality to various commonly used pages.
- Added a transcript field for system recordings.
- Improved the system permissions page to be more user friendly.
- Provisioning support for Grandstream GXP 2124/2200.
- Provisioning support for the Yealink SIP-T2 series, SIP-T3 series, SIP-T4 series, DECT W52P and the VP530 video phone.
- Provisioning support for Polycom VVX300, VVX400, and VVX600.
- Provisioning support for Spectralink 8440, 8450, 8452.
- Provisioning support for the Cisco SPA-112/501/502/508/512/514 phones.
- Voicemail and call recordings can now be sent to Transcription Hub for text transcriptions of the audio files for an additional cost.
- Streaming Music on Hold via Shoutcast/Icecast.
- Free browser plugin for click to dial.
- Update the weather feature to work directly with NOAA.
DLS Hosted PBX version 4.1 – Released October 31st, 2012
- Design overhaul to the voicemail and call recordings pages allows sorting and paging.
- Option on call recordings search to filter by date and phone number.
- Re-name Clients menu category to Apps.
- Sub-menus now wrap long names instead of truncating them.
- Hide user device selection when manual configuration is selected.
- Add admin permissions for user notification preferences.
- Option to override the Caller-ID on an outbound call in the routing tree.
- Added a reset button to the queues to reset statistics.
- System option to toggle the agent status display on handsets.
- System option to toggle the web apps on supported Grandstreams.
- Per-extension option to monitor device status on manual devices.
- Secure calling with TLS on Cisco, Polycom and manual devices.
- Encrypted audio with SRTP on Cisco, Polycom, Grandstream, Aastra and manual devices.
- Configuration support for the Polycom VVX500.
- Configuration support for the Grandstream DECT DP710/715.
- Voicemail with less than 2 seconds of talking are automatically discarded.
- Hardware transcoding module for CPU performance enhancements.
- Fax emails now contain a link for electronic signatures and editing.
- The fax system can now translate PDFs created in Adobe v9 and later.
- Email to fax now supports .doc files.
- Authentication logging and filtering for the AMI interface.
- A monthly security audit will email potential vulnerabilities to the admin.
- Sipura interface user passwords are now set via the user profile.
- Cisco SPA 3XX and 5XX: 7.5.1a
- Polycom Soundpoint 321, 331, 550, 560, 650, 670, Soundstation 5000, 6000, 7000, VVX500, VVX1500: 4.0.2B
- Polycom Soundpoint 335, 450: 4.0.3F
DLS Hosted PBX version 4.0 – Released April 16th, 2012
- Inbound call security enhancements.
- Switch MoH format to wav for native playback.
- Attempt to convert uploaded MoH and recordings to the correct format.
- Background images for Polycom 450, 550, 560, 650, 670, and VVX1500 handsets.
- Supply a link to the billing reports from the call reports.
- Added 15 and 45 second intervals to the parking timeout.
- Enable/Disable handset web interface per device.
- G722(wideband) codec support for Polycom IP, Polycom VVX, Cisco SPA, Aastra, Grandstream, and manual devices.
- Option and new default to hide SIP secret from non-admin interface profiles.
- Configuration support for Grandstream GXV3140, GXV3175, GXP2100, GXP2110, GXP2120, GXP1200, GXP1450, GXP280, GXP285.
- Configuration support for Cisco SPA301, SPA303, SPA504, SPA509, SPA525.
- Migrate some devices to HTTP from TFTP for configuration.
- Automated reboot option for Grandstream phones.
- Selection to allow agent MoH to override queue MoH.
- User controlled communicatication perferences.
- Additional logging for system and user deleted call recordings.
- Add option for panels to toggle display of buttons for mirrored extensions.
DLS Hosted PBX version 3.2 – Released May 1st, 2011
- Display parking lot number on call status page
- Improved Parking Lot system
- Integrated on-demand call recording
- Barge method for call monitoring
- Add support for Polycom SoundStation IP 5000 conference phone
- Allow * in system feature codes
- Update Click-to-Dial page with newer software links
- Rename submenus for easier user recognition
- XMPP (jabber) chat service
- Pre-processing form validation
- Upgraded operator panels to FOP2
- User MoH settings now apply to outbound calls also
- Conferences now prompt for a recording of the caller’s name
- Conferences have an interactive menu (using *)
- Web interface for real-time conference administration
- Basic web interface intrusion detection and logging
DLS Hosted PBX version 3.1 – Released July 1st, 2010
- Conference Call Recording
- Remote Call Pickup
- Restricted Contact Lists
- Voicemail Blasting
- Sticky MoH for Queues
- Inbound MoH selection per user or via call routing
- Whisper option on Call Monitoring
- Audible recording notification option for single extension calls
- HotPhone configuration support for Aastra, Polycom, Grandstream and Sipura
- Microbrowser directory and other applications for Polycom and Aastra phones
- Option to allow unrestricted access to override a recording
- Disable email notifications of voicemail per user
- Expansion of mirrored extensions to multiple handsets
- Shared handsets
- Automatic handset reboot option on config change
- Option to disable the web UI on some handsets
- Added a photo icon on the voicemail client to indicate when there is a video voicemail
- Aastra 6739i: 3.0.1
- Grandstream GXV3000: 22.214.171.124
- Polycom VVX1500: 3.2.3
- Polycom 670: 3.2.3
DLS Hosted PBX version 3.0 – Released January 1st, 2010
- New interface graphics and layout
- Granular permissions profiles replacing the admin/user model
- Ability to reset a user’s SIP secret
- Aastra configuration support for 9143, 6731, 6739 touchscreen, 6753, 6755
- Aastra blf keys now offer transfer capabilities
- Aastra single stage configuration boot
- Polycom configuration support for 321, 331, 335, 450, 670 color, 7000
- Polycom configuration and server support for VVX1500 video phone
- Settings change logging
- Database management fixes and improvements
- Configuration snapshots
- Real time or offline interface editing
- Channel utilization graph
- Search call records by calling number
- 32bit compatibility with ADA version 1.0
- Customer access to admin API
- Export option on summary by each extension report
- User level option to use mouseover or tree menus
- System option to allow caller-id passthrough on forwarded calls
- Different MP3 player for MoH reduces upload time and improves audio quality
- Re-ordering option on MoH files
- Aastra 6753i: 126.96.36.199
DLS Hosted PBX version 2.6 – Released December 15, 2008
- Expanded support for Polycom and Aastra models
- Support for Agent Queue login status display on select Polycom and Aastra phones
- Added ability to assign contacts to BLF keys of select Polycom and Aastra phones using the Contacts page on the PBX
- Added support for BLF status of watched extensions for select Polycom and Aastra phones
- Added support for expansion modules for select Polycom and Aastra phones
- Added groups to Call Parking which may be used to sandbox parked calls to a particular location/branch
- Click-to-delete link in voicemail notification email no longer requires login cookies
- Voicemail audio notifications now use less server resources
- Added support for Grandstream GXV3000 video phone
- Added support for pbx directory management to Grandstream phones
- Added an option to choose fax delivery attachment format
DLS Hosted PBX version 2.5 – Released April 23, 2008
- Wait command in routing tree accepts DTMF input
- Weather information
- Predictive Dialer SOAP API and Web Service
- Calls to Directory Assistance (411/XXX-555-1212) may now be disabled
- Conferencing Bridge
DLS Hosted PBX version 2.4 – Released August 1st, 2007
- Video Codec passthrough support for h263 and h263p
- SPA3102 FXO device support
- DID Management interface
- Manually configured devices are no longer monitored to support a wider range of devices
- Added an option to select all messages in a voicemail box.
- Users with view status can view fax status and generate predictive dialer reports for other users.
- User-specific area codes for both primary and mirrored devices
- 711 support
- United Kingdom phone network support
- “911 Profiles” are now called “Emergency Profiles”
- Nomadic 911 support
- Add a 1 second delay to playing pages to support some devices
- Allow manually configured devices to be paged
- Add routing for inbound calls to FXO devices to the main 911 CID number
- Limited support for Cisco 7941
- PBX to PBX Routing (direct routing of internal extensions between pbxs)
DLS Hosted PBX version 2.3 – Released March 22, 2007
- Option to disable the voicemail envelope
- Utilize VLANs on Cisco 7905, 7910, 7912
- Web-based operator panel (replaces Presence Manager)
- Round Robin with Memory agent hunting
- Enable users to view status information
- Option to use follow-me with a DID
- Use native MoH player and format (replaces mpg123)
- Removed Protocol settings for simplification
- Real-time call reports
- Customer DB access to call reports
- Enhancements to IP Access controls
- Module support for related enhancements
- Changes to interaction between UI and PBX for future enhancements
- Support for international numbers added to follow-me profiles
- Support for international numbers added to “Dial Outbound” step
- Queue options to enter or leave the queue when there are no agents
- Looser format for MAC addresses in device manager
- Option to disable the call-forwarding softkey on Polycom phones
- Default CODEC changed to G.729
- Context sensitive interface reference
- Queue options to specify max wait time, max callers, wrap up time
- Queue option to disallow retrying agents if a call is not answered
- Support for Click-to-Dial from TAPI compliant applications
- Support for monitoring in-progress calls
- Predictive Dialer (Advanced outbound call center support with scripting)
- Digital Fax Support (Fax to Email and Email to Fax capabilities)
DLS Hosted PBX version 2.2 – Released March 23, 2006
- Device Manager interface
- Mirrored Extensions
- MoH during follow-me
- VM detection during follow-me
- Personalized Directory announcement
- VM notification email included deletion link
- Paging by Group
- Incidental Caller-ID suppression available (*67)
- More verbose errors when deleting items
- Email alert on high drive space utilization
- User and Administrative Manuals
- Selective call routing based on Caller-ID
- Per-user Voicemail Exit Contexts
- Configuration support for GXP-2000
DLS Hosted PBX version 2.1 – Released February 8, 2006
- Support for POTS 911 calls via Sipura SPA3000 devices
- Automated provisioning of Sipura SPA941
- Option to specify NTP server
- Option to specify timezone per user
- Users may now change their own web passwords
- New firmware for Cisco 7905/7912 and 7940/7960
- New firmware for Polycom 30X/50X/600
- Time constraint options on all call reports
DLS Hosted PBX version 2.0 – Released September 9, 2005
- Automated provisioning of Sipura SPA2000
- Automated provisioning of Sipura SPA841
- New text-to-speech engine to provide better pronunciation
- Support for report summaries and details by user group
- Windows-based Presence Manager application
- Option to give calls different priorities before entering a queue
- Option to disable hold position announcement
- Configurable IP access lists for web interface and phone registration
- 128-bit SSL encrypted web interface
- Custom CallerID is now a pulldown of valid DIDs
- CallerID Blocking
DLS Hosted PBX version 1.2 – Released May 25, 2005
- Bulk call recording
- Distinctive ringing
- Distinctive Caller ID
- Text only voice-mail notification
- Audio voice-mail notification
- Prefix for transfer to voice-mail
- Scheduled call forwarding
- System profiles for outbound calling preferences
- Improved directory application
- Simplify DID routing (remove answer step)
- Improved E911 support
- Automated provisioning of Cisco 7912
- Option to hide logged-out agents in Queues status screen
- Attempt to handle hand-crafted CSV files for contact uploads
DLS Hosted PBX version 1.1 – Released March 16, 2005
- Custom logos on Cisco 7940/7960
- Ability to import contacts
- Option to exit from voice-mail
- Report enhancements
- Upgrade page for db alterations and licensing changes
- Automated provisioning of Cisco 7905
- Automated provisioning of Polycom 300
- Additional information on queue status
- Voice-mail URL on e-mail notifications
- Display of SIP password on web interface for manual configuration
DLS Hosted PBX version 1.0 – Released November 11, 2004